Huck's Top 10
Huck asked for permission to do his own Top 10 every week. No sweat.DEC. 18, FINAL
1. SJ Prep (13-0) Beat arch-rival LaSalle to cap off one of the more
dominating seasons in CL history.
2. Penn Charter (8-1) Season finished.
3. Malvern (7-3) Season Finished.
4. Roman (11-3) Pounded Roxborough. Eleven victories is certainly
something to be proud of.
5. O'Hara (7-5) Season Finished.
6. George Washington (10-1) Two-time defending Pub champ will defend
its crown against rival Frankford. Was very impressive in dismantling
7. La Salle (8-4) Fought hard against Prep, but not enough offense. Good
8. Carroll (9-4) Ended the season with nine straight victories. Defeated
Shanahan in Thanksgiving eve tilt.
9. Frankford (10-1) Pounded North Catholic. Now has sights set on
beating GW for a second time in Pub final.
10. West Catholic (9-4) Edged Penn Wood and ended a great season that
was filled with plenty of excitement.
Conwell-Egan (8-4) & Germantown Academy (5-4).
1. SJ Prep (12-0) Captured another CL Red title in convincing fashion. Will look to beat La Salle to end a magnificent season.
2. Penn Charter (8-1) Season finished.
3. Malvern (7-3) Season finished.
4. Roman (10-3) Too many mistakes prevented an upset bid against the Hawks. The future looks promising.
5. O'Hara (7-5) Season finished.
6. LaSalle (8-3) Will try to dash the Prep's hopes of an unbeaten season. Easier said than done.
7. George Washington (9-1) Looking for a three-peat in the Pub. Bottled up Tyree Watson and rest of the Bulldogs in the semis.
8. Carroll (8-4) Overcame a (0-4) start to the season to win third straight CL Blue crown. A job well done!!!
9. Frankford (9-1) Dismantled an overmatched bunch of Lancers. Have their eyes set on Pub crown.
10. West Catholic (8-4) Ran into a determined Carroll squad. Still a special season in Burrland.
Conwell-Egan (8-3) & Germantown Academy (5-4).
1. SJ Prep (11-0) Prevailed over O'Hara. Can win second straight CL Red crown with win over Roman.
2. Penn Charter (8-1) Season finished.
3. Malvern (7-3) Wouldn't mind seeing another game with Penn Charter.
4. Roman (10-2) Slipped past La Salle on last second field goal. Win over Prep would be all-timer.
5. O'Hara (7-5) In quarters 1 through 3 against the Prep, the score was 38-30; if only there weren't fourth
6. La Salle (8-3) Still has a game against Prep, but not in CL Red. They'll have to wait until Thanksgiving
for their chance.
7. West Catholic (8-3) Face two-time defended champ Carroll for CL Blue crown.
8. George Washington (8-1) Shut out Franklin, now must deal with Tyree Watson and surging Bulldogs.
9. Frankford (8-1) Blitzed Mastbaum, faces Central for chane to get to Pub title game.
10. Carroll (7-4) Defeated Conwell-Egan. Have won 7 straight. Look to revenge loss against Burrs in title
Under Consideration: Gratz (6-3), Germantown Academy (5-4), Central (6-3), & Conwell-Egan (8-3).
1. SJ Prep (10-0) Quest for second consecutive title begins this week versus O'Hara.
2. Penn Charter (8-1) Quakers win IA, as McDevitt runs wild for 328 yards and 4 TD's.
3. Malvern (6-3) Last week Loyola-Blakefield, now Wyoming Seminary. Who are these teams?
4. LaSalle (8-2) Will look to reach CL Red final in matchup with Roman.
5. O'Hara (7-4) Slammed rival Bonner. How long can they stay with the Prep?
6. Roman (9-2) Ran wild over Ryan. Can they do the same against a good La Salle defense?
7. West Catholic (7-3) Must get past a dangerous SJN squad if they hope to reach CL Blue final.
8. George Washington (7-1) Blitzed Northeast to earn playoff berth. Just might be the best team in the Pub.
9. Frankford (7-1) Shut out Lincoln in pre-playoff tune-up. Mastbaum awaits.
10. Carroll (6-4) Face a banged-up CE squad in their quest for a three-peat.
Conwell-Egan (8-2), Neumann (6-5), Germantown Academy (5-4), Bok (6-1), Gratz (5-3), & Bartram (7-1).
1. SJ Prep (10-0) Drubbed Judge by rushing for 500 yards. Week off before slaughters continue.
2. Penn Charter (7-1) Inter-Ac title on the line as the Quakers travel to Germantown Academy.
3. Malvern (5-3) Looked like the Friars of old with their pounding of GA. Need help to get a piece of IA
4. LaSalle (8-2) Posted shutout of Ryan. Week of rest before CL Red semis.
5. O'Hara (6-4) Beat neighborhood rival Bonner. Can they do it in consecutive weeks?
6. Roman (8-2) Fell asleep in the first half against North before turning it around. Will need to play
better against Ryan if they hope to move on.
7. West Catholic (7-3) Won first ever CL Blue regular season crown, as Brinkley goes for an amazing 337
8. Frankford (6-1) Clinched Division-A title. Playoff tune-up with Lincoln next.
9. George Washington (6-1) Awaits Northeast, as both teams vie for that final playoff berth.
10. Carroll (6-4) Have won 6 in a row and earned a playoff bye.
Under Consideration: Bonner (5-5), Conwell-Egan (7-2), McDevitt (5-4), Neumann (5-5), Germantown Academy
(5-3), Northeast (5-2), Central (5-2), & Bok (5-1).
1. SJ Prep (9-0) Got a first half scare from O'Hara. Host Judge that will conclude a tremendous regular
2. Penn Charter (6-1) Face the pesky Churchman this week. Win and move one step closer to a I-A crown.
3. Malvern (4-3) Destroyed the undermanned Fords. Interesting contest with GA on horizon.
4. LaSalle (7-2) Established themselves as the second best team in CL Red and grabbed a first round bye.
5. O'Hara (5-4) Gave the Prepsters all they could handle in first half. Meet neighborhood rival Bonner
in regular season finale.
6. Roman (7-2) They fell victim to some late-game heroics by the Explorers. Close regular season at
7. Frankford (5-1) Survived against Division A rival Northeast in OT. Should have an easy time until
playoffs begin. 8. George Washington (5-1) Just might be the best team in Pub.
9. Germantown Academy (5-2) Beat Malvern and play PC for the I-A title. Sounds like a tall order!!!
10. Conwell-Egan (7-1) Did what they needed to get by KK. A dangerous Neumann team on deck.
Under Consideration: Central (4-2), Bonner (5-4), West Catholic (6-3), Dobbins (4-2), McDevitt (5-3),
Carroll (5-4), & Northeast (4-2).
1. SJ Prep (8-0) The only suspense this past week was whether or not the Hawk was going to make it 42 pushups. O'Hara gives it a whirl next.
2. Penn Charter (5-1) Disposed of Haverford School early. It remains to be seen if they will be challenged the rest of the year.
3. Malvern (3-3) Did what they had to against a pesky Episcopal squad.
4. Roman (7-1) Escaped past Ryan. Battle for second versus La Salle this week.
5. LaSalle (6-2) Travel to Roxborough to face the Cahillites to see who is second best in CL Red.
6. O'Hara (5-3) Crushed North. Don't get too happy, the Hawks are coming.
7. Frankford (4-1) Whipped Olney. Faces a dangerous Northeast team in a key Division A game this week.
8. George Washington (4-1) Huge win on the road over Central. May run the rest of its PUB schedule.
9. Germantown Acad. (4-2) Key games with Malvern and Penn Charter still loom. We'll know how good they are soon.
10. Conwell-Egan (6-1) Suffered first loss at Carroll. Locked in a four-way battle for the CL Blue regular season crown.
UNDER CONSIDERATION: Central (3-2), Bonner (4-4), West Catholic (5-3), Mastbaum (5-0), Dobbins (3-2), McDevitt (5-2), & Carroll (4-4).
1. SJ Prep (7-0) Another week, another rout. It's looking bad for the
rest of the CL Red.
2. Penn Charter (4-1) Defeated I-A rival Malvern in a soaking rain. The
Inter-Ac title is theirs to lose.
3. Malvern (2-3) One of the best three-loss teams in the area.
4. Roman (6-1) Whacked by the Prep. Back to work this week to find out
who is the second best CL Red team.
5. La Salle (5-2) It took a bad snap for them to pull out their win over
O'Hara. Crusaders next.
6. O'Hara (4-3) Where was the offense? You'll probably see signs of it
this week versus the Falcons.
7. Conwell-Egan (6-0) Slipped past the Burrs in OT. Travel to an
improving Carroll squad next.
8. Frankford (3-1) Defeated division rival GW. The Pub is shaping up as
a four team race.
9. Bonner (4-3) Soph QB Case throws three scores. He made need to double
that this week vs. the Prep.
10. Central (3-1) Eeked out win over tough Dobbins squad. Doesn't get
any easier this week against GW.
Under Consideration: George Washington (3-1), Dobbins (2-2), West Catholic (4-3), Ryan (3-3),
McDevitt (4-2), Germantown Academy (3-2), Mastbaum (4-0).
1. SJ Prep (6-0) The drubbings continue!!! A quality Roman team comes calling next.
2. Malvern (2-2) Inter-Ac championship on the line this Friday at Penn Charter.
3. Roman (6-0) Slept-walked through first half against Judge. Powerful Prep looms.
4. Penn Charter (3-1) Are they physical enough to compete with the Friars?
5. O'Hara (4-2) Key players return and whack a decent Ryan team.
6. La Salle (4-2) Their defense keeps them as the third best team in Red, for now.
7. Conwell-Egan (5-0) Quality road win without Slaton. Enough said!!!
8. George Washington (3-0) Division rival Frankford on deck, after handling Gratz.
9. West Catholic (4-2) Didn't play their best, but garnered tough road win at SJN.
10. Dobbins (2-1) Boldin and crew rebound against Frankford. Central next.
Under Consideration: Ryan (3-2), Frankford (2-1), Bonner (3-3), Northeast (3-0), Germantown Academy (2-2), Central (2-1), McDevitt (3-2), Mastbaum (3-0), & Bartam (3-0).
1. SJ Prep (5-0) Are we in the midst of an anti-climatic CL Red? This bunch is beyond dominant!!
2. Malvern (2-2) Strong outing in 21-0 win over WC East. Defense rebounds nicely in shutout win.
3. Roman (5-0) Strong second half by Sloan-El leads team to great win over O'Hara.
4. Penn Charter (3-1) Solid in win over Interboro. Bye week before their much-anticipated game with Malvern.
5. LaSalle (3-2) Totally outclassed by Prep. Will need to rebound against Bonner.
6. O'Hara (3-2) The offense sputtered all night. When healthy they could still be the second best team in CL Red.
7. Ryan (3-1) Edged neighborhood rival Father Judge. Stiff challenge ahead with O'Hara.
8. Frankford (2-0) Was slowed to a degree by Gratz. Travels to Dobbins this week.
9. Conwell-Egan (4-0) Blasted Dougherty, stiffest challenge thus far ahead with game at McDevitt.
10. George Washington (2-0) Once again showed everyone it will be one of the teams to beat with impressive
win over Dobbins.
Under Consideration: Bonner, West Catholic, Northeast,
Germantown Academy, Central, Dobbins, & McDevitt
1. SJ Prep (4-0) Oh boy!! When will the thrashing of quality opponents stop?
2. La Salle (3-1) The Prep up next. At a minimum they are a 17-point underdog.
3. Malvern (1-2) Downingtown's aerial show too much. The winning should start soon.
4. Roman (4-0) Beat Bonner in a defensive war. A dangerous O'Hara team looms.
5. Penn Charter (2-1) A decent Interboro team on the horizon, after win over Peddie.
6. O'Hara (3-1) Lions "Cook"ing without Heygood. Will the injuries heal for Roman?
7. Ryan (2-1) Two words can describe their outing vs. Prep. "CHILD ABUSE!!!"
8. Frankford (1-0) Needed double OT to eke out win over a good Germantown team.
9. Conwell-Egan (3-0) You'll need about eight feet of mud to slow down Steve Slaton.
10. Dobbins (1-0) Remember the names Boldin and Ferguson. Two of the Pub's best.
Under Consideration: Bonner, West Catholic, Germantown Academy, Germantown, Central, McDevitt, George Washington.
1. SJ Prep (3-0) Head and shoulders the best team in the city.
2. Malvern (1-1) Bounced back with a quality win over a good Henderson team.
3. La Salle (2-1) Struggled with GA, but has the ingredients for a quality season.
4. Ryan (2-0) Had a bye. Very impressive in two shutout wins.
5. Roman (3-0) A good mix of run and pass led to convincing win over Neumann.
6. Penn Charter (1-1) Trounced by Mainland, look for them to rebound.
7. O'Hara (2-1) Won a tough game without Heygood. Will it continue?
8. Frankford (0-0) Season opens Thursday against Germantown.
9. Carroll (0-3) Brutal non-league schedule concluded. Will the dominance start?
10. Bonner (2-1) Good win over Passiac. Solid defense, still searching for O.
Under Consideration: Conwell-Egan, George Washington.